Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Leave Cindy Alone

Grieving mother/media whore/compensated speaker Cindy Sheehan is at it again. This time, in celebration of the 2,000th casualty in Operation Iraqi Freedom, she is going to chain herself to the fence outside the White House.

I'm going to go to Washington, D.C. and I'm going to give a speech at the White House, and after I do, I'm going to tie myself to the fence and refuse to leave until they agree to bring our troops home," Sheehan said in a telephone interview last week as the milestone approached. "And I'll probably get arrested, and when I get out, I'll go back and do the same thing," she said.

I have a suggestion: Leave her there. Don't arrest her, don't forcibly remove her from the fence. Let her sit there. I suspect that after about 15 minutes, once the prearranged media photos have been taken and more banality issues forth from an unstable mind, she will get tired of no longer being the center of attention and go home. Or perhaps she might run with scissors around the Ellipse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wadard said...

She's OK as viewed from down-under. She had a kid that died so she has just as much right to speak her mind as anyone els and probably more so than anyone who has not been to war.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home