Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ouch Is Right

"I was part of that wild and crazy Class of '94 that shook the political landscape by taking over the House after more than 50 years of unfettered Democrat control. We came to Washington full of ideals and conviction. But sadly, what they say about absolute power is coming to reality in the 2005 GOP Washington. Republicans in just 10 years have developed the arrogance it took the Democrats 30 years to develop."

-- Former Rep. J.C. Watts (R-OK), writing in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

I remember the excitement of working for a Republican Congressman in 1994. I recall talking to newly-elected Senator Rick Santorum. To Speaker-Apparent Newt Gingrich. The possibilities seemed endless. Now J.C. Watts is right. How sad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Retired Geezer said...

OT
Didn't see your email address listed.

Are you anonymous?

10:51 PM  
Blogger GT said...

I blog from an undisclosed, secure location.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Retired Geezer said...

OK, I had a Velvet Revolver stage pass I thought you might want.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home